A thinly sliced, marinated Thai steak in a light, fresh salad with a tasty peanut dressing.
Dinner salads are always nice, especially when accompanied by grilled meat, like this Thai grilled steak salad with peanut dressing! On hot summer days, I often feel like a light meal, rather than a heavier one, and a salad will be fine. This salad is inspired by Thai flavors and begins by marinating the steaks in a tasty marinade with a great mix of sweet, salty, sour, and spicy along with garlic and ginger before they are grilled to perfection and sliced. The rest of the salad consists of chopped lettuce, sliced cucumbers, peppers, and lots of fresh herbs, along with the highly addictive peanut dressing!
Thai Grilled Steak Salad
Prep Time: 20 minutes Marinate Time: 8 hours Cook Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes Servings: 4
Thinly sliced Thai marinated steak, in a light and a fresh salad with a tasty peanut dressing!
- 1 pound steaks (strip loin, flank, ribeye, etc)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 lime, zest, and juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (or soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, grated
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated (or galangal)
- 1 birds eye chili, thinly sliced (or chili sauce)
- 6 cups lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cucumber, sliced
- 2 tablespoons mint, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons basil, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup peanut dressing
- 2 tablespoons roasted peanuts, chopped
- Marinate the steak in the mixture of the oil, lime juice and zest, fish sauce, palm sugar, garlic, ginger, and chili overnight in the fridge in a sealed container.
- Shake off any excess marinade and grill over medium-high heat until it reaches the desired level of done-ness, about 2-4 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before slicing thinly, against the grain.
- Assemble the salad, including the steak, toss with the dressing, herbs, and chopped peanuts and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts: Calories 414, Fat 28g (Saturated 8g, Trans 1g), Cholesterol 70mg, Sodium 404mg, Carbs 12g (Fiber 3g, Sugars 6g), Protein 28g