A fresh, summery strawberry salad with avocado, bacon, and crunchy fried goat cheese with honey, lemon, and poppy seed donjon dressing!
On hot summer days, I often appreciate a light meal, like a dinner salad, and this chicken salad with strawberries and avocado with fried goat cheese and honey, lemon, and poppy seed vinaigrette is perfect. Strawberries are one of my favorite dishes of the summer and are great in savory dishes like salads, especially in combination with bacon and avocado like in this salad! This salad uses a small spinach base for the lettuce and what really makes it a meal is the grilled chicken that is marinated in the same honey, lemon, and dijon dressing that is used in the salad! Even with all the great ingredients already mentioned, the star of this show must be the crispy fried goat cheese! Yummy! The goat cheese is sliced, covered with breadcrumbs, and fried in oil until golden and crispy, this crispy fried goat cheese is best enjoyed fresh while it is hot and almost melted inside! This chicken salad with strawberries and avocado with fried goat cheese and a vinaigrette of honey, lemon, and poppy seeds is a fantastic summer salad that is also a delicious meal.
Strawberry and Avocado Chicken Salad with Crispy Fried Goat Cheese and Honey Lemon Dijon Poppy Seed Vinaigrette
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 20 minutes Servings: 4
A fresh and summer strawberry salad with avocado, bacon, and crispy fried goat cheese with a honey lemon dijon dressing with poppy seeds!
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ounces goat cheese, either sliced into 1/4 inch thick discs or formed into small balls
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs (or breadcrumbs)
- 4 strips bacon
- 1/2 pound chicken breasts
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup almonds, sliced, slivered, or chopped
- Mix everything well.
- Dredge the goat cheese slices/balls in the flour and coat in egg followed by breadcrumbs and fry in oil over medium heat until lightly golden brown before setting aside on paper towels to drain.
- Cook the bacon and set aside on paper towels to drain before crumbling.
- Marinate the chicken in half of the vinaigrette for 30 minutes to overnight before grilling over medium-high heat until cooked and slightly charred, about 2-5 minutes per side, and setting aside to cool and slice.
- Assemble the salad, toss with the dressing, and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts: Calories 612, Fat 43g (Saturated 14g, Trans 0), Cholesterol 91mg, Sodium 560mg, Carbs 37g (Fiber 7g, Sugars 12g), Protein 22g