Slow Cooker Olive Garden Pasta e Fagioli – Everyone’s favorite Olive Garden soup, prepared so easily in the slow cooker! Just set it up and forget it!
A quick and easy recipe to reproduce, you can put everything in the slow cooker. Extra bonus points if you have one of these cooking features in your slow cooker, making it a unique meal from start to finish.
Serve with the crispest bread and a little more grated Parmesan on top, which blends in heat and comfort.
SLOW COOKER OLIVE GARDEN PASTA E FAGIOLI
yield: 8 servings Prep time: 20 minutes cook time: 8 HOURS 40 minutes total time: 9 HOURS
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound Italian sausage, casing removed
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 (16-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup ditalini pasta
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage and onion, and cook, stirring frequently, until sausage is browned, about 5-7 minutes, making sure to crumble the sausage as it cooks; drain excess fat.
- Place sausage mixture into a 6-qt slow cooker. Stir in chicken stock, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, beans, carrots, celery, garlic, basil, oregano, and thyme; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours or high heat for 5-6 hours. Uncover and stir in pasta; cover and cook on high heat for an additional 30 minutes, or until tender.
- Serve immediately with Parmesan, garnished with parsley, if desired.