Spaghetti stuffed with pizza, pumpkin with pepperoni, olives, and lots of cheese.
Spaghetti stuffed with pumpkin is a nice ingredient that I always like to use, especially if you serve the stuffed food in the shell! The basic idea here is that you start with small spaghetti that is cut in half, sown, and roasted until it is tender, before gently shredding the stringy spaghetti inside, mixing it with the other ingredients, and serving in the shell. You can fill the spaghetti “jars” with different flavors and in this recipe, it’s a pepperoni pizza. The filling of the pumpkin spaghetti started with pizza sauce, pepperoni, and other ingredients that are mixed with the pumpkin noodles before covering them with lots of cheese and more pepperoni. The pumpkin is then put back into the oven and boiled until the cheese has melted. This is an easy meal to make, for family and children, and the best part is that you can use your favorite pizza toppings.
Pepperoni Pizza Spaghetti Squash
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 50 minutes Total Time: 1-hour Servings: 4
Pizza stuffed spaghetti squash with pepperoni, olives and plenty of cheese!
- 2 small spaghetti squash, cut in half and seeded
- 1 tablespoon oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 ounces pepperoni, sliced
- 2 cups pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives (optional)
- 2 cups mozzarella, shredded
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano Reggiano (parmesan cheese), grated
- 1 pinch oregano
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- Brush the inner flesh of the spaghetti squash with oil, season with salt and pepper, and roast, skin side up, in a preheated 400F/200C oven until tender, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook half of the pepperoni in a small saucepan, add the pizza sauce and half of the olives, and warm.
- When the spaghetti squash is done, flake it with a fork, mix in the sauce, and place it back into the squash shells.
- Top with the cheeses, the remaining pepperoni, and olives and return to the oven and cook until the cheese melts, about 5-10 minutes.
Option: Instead of placing everything into the squash shells to bake, place it in a baking dish.
Nutrition Facts: Calories 552, Fat 38g (Saturated 15g, Trans 0.5g), Cholesterol 93mg, Sodium 1661mg, Carbs 22g (Fiber 4g, Sugars 9g), Protein 28g