Soft, wet matcha tea leaf, chocolate blondes!
Not ciao ago I used to be trying out a replacement window restaurant that had a restaurant upfront and once I left I noticed that there have been some tea leaf rolls that I could not leave without trying them. tea leaf is one in every one of my favorites and infrequently once I take a latte I’m going for the tea with milk, so I had a tea leaf with milk and a tea leaf brownie for a window treat! The tea leaf brownie was superb, but I could not help thinking that I could make mine, that it’d be better, that it’d be less expensive and more convenient, so I made a decision to try and do it! Matcha could be a kind of tea in powder form and therefore the obvious place to start out and as we are talking about brownies here, chocolate and chocolate came to mind and matcha may be a fantastic tasty combo, so I made a decision to feature melted chocolate to the dough. I imagined a brownie texture like dulce de leche, so I chose a basic recipe of dulce de leche blonde which I knew was very easy to form and that I planned to end it off with a lightweight sprinkling of matcha powder. These chocolate blondes with matcha tea are better than I had dreamed and now I come to create them whenever I want!
Matcha Green Tea White Chocolate Blondies
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes Servings: 16
Fudge-y, soft and moist matcha green tea white chocolate blondies!
- 8 ounces white chocolate, chopped or chips
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup, packed, light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (rice flour for gluten-free)
- 1 heaping tablespoon matcha + 1 teaspoon for dusting
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave (30 seconds at a time) or in a double boiler.
- Cream the butter and sugars beat in the eggs, vanilla, and salt before mixing in the melted chocolate.
- Mix the mixture of flour and matcha into the batter and pour it into a greased, foil-lined, 8-inch baking pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until a toothpick pushed into the center comes out mostly clean, about 20 minutes.
- Let cool, slice, and dust lightly with matcha powder by placing the powder in a fine-mesh sieve and lightly tapping it while holding it over the blondies.
Note: Use cooking grade matcha which is much cheaper than ceremonial matcha and perfect for baking!
Option: Add 1 cup white chocolate chips/chunks!
Option: Add 1 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts!
Nutrition Facts: Calories 325, Fat 17g (Saturated 10g, Trans 0.4g), Cholesterol 73mg, Sodium 104mg, Carbs 39g (Fiber 0.4g, Sugars 27g), Protein 3g