Chocolate cookies have never been better than with the addition of maraschino cherries!
This year I started my vacation with another version of my favorite cookie from last year, the chocolate and maraschino cherry cookies, except this time I used the same combination of cherries and chocolate in the chocolate chip cookies. It can’t go wrong with chocolate chip cookies and adding cherries to the mix only makes it better, because the combination of chocolate and cherries is fantastic! One of the nicest things about homemade chocolate chip cookies, apart from the fact that they are so ridiculously addictive, is that they are so easy to make. All you have to do is spend about 5 minutes combining the ingredients and then put them in the oven. The hardest part of making them is waiting for them to finish baking, and those 10 minutes of baking will seem like an eternity when your kitchen starts filling up with the smell of freshly baked cookies, and then you have to wait for them to cool down, but again that burnt tongue might be worth it! For this chocolate chip maraschino and cherry cookies, you’ll also have to cut some cherries, but that only takes a few minutes and is definitely worth it!
Maraschino Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 20 minutes Servings: 18
Chocolate chip cookies never had it any better than with the addition of maraschino cherries!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries, chopped
- Mix the butter and sugars in a bowl, beat in the egg followed by the vanilla extract.
- Mix the flour, baking soda, and salt in another bowl.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet until they are just incorporated.
- Mix in the chocolate and the maraschino cherries.
- Place the dough onto a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet one tablespoon at a time and bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until just lightly golden brown around the edges, about 8-10 minutes, let cool on sheet for 2 minutes and transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
Option: Use white chocolate chips instead of dark.
Nutrition Facts: Calories 182, Fat 8g (Saturated 5g, Trans 0.2g), Cholesterol 23mg, Sodium 110mg, Carbs 27g (Fiber 1g, Sugars 19g), Protein 1g