A tofu shirataki noodle salad with a rainbow of vegetables and shrimps in a delicious Korean dressing served cold; perfect for a hot summer day! It has certainly been hot the last few days, so I thought it would be a good idea to make a meal that doesn’t need to be cooked and can be served cold, this cold Korean style tofu shirataki noodle salad with shrimp.
For the salad vegetables, I like to go with a rainbow of colors for a good presentation and include green lettuce and cucumber, yellow pepper, orange carrot, red kimchi, and purple cabbage. To turn this salad into a meal you need some meat and the pre-cooked shrimps fit perfectly because you don’t have to cook them and they are already chilled! The last part of the salad is a simple and tasty dressing with Gochugaro (Korean pepper flakes) for a little warmth. If you’re looking for a way to keep you cool on a hot summer day, you can’t go wrong with this cold Korean-style tofu shirataki noodle salad with shrimp!
Korean Style Cold Tofu Shirataki Noodle Salad with Shrimp
Prep Time: 15 minutes Total Time: 15 minutes Servings: 4
A tofu shirataki noodle salad with a rainbow of veggies and shrimp in a tasty Korean style dressing that is served chilled; perfect for a hot summer day!
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar or lime juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce (gluten-free or tamari for gluten-free)
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons Gochugaro (Korean chili pepper flakes) or Aleppo pepper or red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon honey or sugar
- 1 green onion, finely sliced
- 1 (8-ounce package) House Foods Tofu Shirataki Noodles, drained and rinsed
- 8 ounces cooked shrimp, peeled and chilled
- 4 cups lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup cucumber, julienned
- 1 cup carrot, julienned
- 1 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1 yellow pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup kimchi (optional)
- 1/4 cup green onion, sliced
- Mix everything.
- Assemble the salad, toss in the dressing, and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts: Calories 170, Fat 4.7g (Saturated 1g, Trans 0), Cholesterol 119mg, Sodium 306mg, Carbs 17g (Fiber 3.7g, Sugars 6g), Protein 15.2g