Homestyle Chicken Noodle Soup – Classic chicken noodle soup that will make you feel so good, so hot, so comfortable. Perfect for sick days and cold nights!!!
This recipe now uses boneless, skinless chicken breasts, which means it will take a little longer than usual for the chicken to cook to the point.
But don’t worry, it gives the tastiest broth and the tenderest chicken bites (so it’s absolutely worth the extra time), tampered with fresh dill and freshly squeezed lemon juice for a little jazz. IT’S SO GOOD.
HOMESTYLE CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
yield: 6-8 servings Prep time: 20 minutes Cook time: 50 minutes
total time: 1 HOUR 10 MINUTES
Classic chicken noodle soup that will leave you feeling so good, so warm, so cozy. Perfect for sick days and cold nights!!!
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 2 bay leaves
- Kosher salt freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 1/2 pounds bone-in, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 1/2 cups wide egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice, or more, to taste
- Melt butter in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion, carrots, and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Whisk in chicken stock and bay leaves; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add chicken and bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, until the chicken is cooked through, about 30-40 minutes. Remove chicken and let cool before dicing into bite-size pieces, discarding bones.
- Stir in chicken and pasta and cook until tender, about 6-7 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in parsley, dill, and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately.