The coziest and healthy meal. With golden-brown chicken, tender potatoes, white wine, fresh rosemary, and thyme.
French-style chicken casserole – The most hearty and healthy meal. With golden-brown chicken, tender potatoes, white wine, fresh rosemary, and thyme.
Perfectly prepared golden chicken thighs, tender golden potatoes, juicy mushrooms, and a herb and wine sauce you can enjoy.
If you prefer white meat, breasts can be replaced.
Mushrooms can be completely omitted if it’s not your thing. No judgment here.
No thyme or rosemary? Dried herbs or other seasonings such as oregano and/or Italian seasoning would also be very useful.
FRENCH CHICKEN CASSEROLE
yield: 3-4 servings Prep time: 20 minutes Cook time: 55 minutes total time: 1HOUR 15 MINUTES
- 6 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, halved
- 3 large shallots, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pound baby gold potatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Season chicken thighs with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Working in batches, add chicken, skin-side down, and sear both sides until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side; set aside.
- Add mushrooms, shallots, and celery, and cook, stirring occasionally until mushrooms are tender and browned about 5-7 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Stir in garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute.
- Stir in wine, scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the skillet. Stir in chicken stock, thyme, rosemary, bay leaf, and potatoes. Return chicken to the skillet.
- Place into oven and bake until potatoes are tender and chicken has completely cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 175 degrees F, about 40-45 minutes.
- Stir in heavy cream; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately.