Carousel asked me to participate in this campaign, sponsored by Splenda Stevia Canada. Although I have been compensated, all opinions are mine. A super easy apple to make crumble with an old-fashioned rolled porridge, to which no sugar has been added! Thanksgiving is fast approaching and I’ve been thinking about recipes, starting with a dessert of course.
It’s absolutely amazing and requires much less effort! I like to prepare it a day or two in advance and then put it in the oven after I take the turkey out to warm up while we eat. This helps reduce the effort needed to get Thanksgiving dinner on the table and the dessert is as tasty as ever! After the big dinner, I’m usually pretty full, but I’m still ready for a sweet treat. Since I can’t get past dessert, no matter how full it is, the idea of a lighter dessert is a good option. This sugar-free crumbled apple is the perfect Thanksgiving dessert! The apple crumb is full of sugar! There’s usually a lot of sugar in the apple mixture, more sugar in the crumble mixture, and then even more sugar in the ice-cream topping and/or caramel sauce! Making an apple crumble is as easy as substituting all the sugar with the no-calorie Splenda Stevia sweetener! Splenda Stevia gets its sweetness from the stevia leaf and uses the sweetest, cleanest part of the stevia leaf, so it doesn’t taste bitter. This sugar-free apple crumble is so easy to make, as good as the original, and much healthier! You’ll never know the difference!
Easy No Sugar Added Apple Crumble
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 45 minutes Total Time: 1-hour Servings: 12
A super easy to make apple crumble with an old fashioned rolled oat topping that has no sugar added!
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups Splenda Stevia No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 pounds apples, peeled and sliced or diced
- 1/2 cup Splenda Stevia No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup whipping/heavy cream
- 4 squeezes Splenda Stevia No Calorie Sweetener, Liquid Sweetener
- Mix everything and form into crumbs. (Tip: Use your hands to form the crumbs after mixing.)
- Mix the apples, Splenda Stevia No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated, corn starch, lemon juice, and cinnamon and place in an 8×13 inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle the crumbs onto the apples.
- Bake in a pre-heated 350F/180C oven until the sides are bubbling and the top is golden brown, about 45 minutes.
- Beat the cream and Splenda Stevia No Calorie, Liquid Sweetener with a mixer or a whisk until stiff peaks are formed.
Option: Add 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg to the apple mixture!
Option: You can use Splenda Stevia No Calorie Sweetener, Jar rather than the Splenda Stevia No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated and you would use 1/2 as much.
Option: Instead of using the Splenda Stevia No Calorie Sweetener, Liquid Sweetener in the whipping cream, you can use 2 tablespoons of the Splenda Stevia No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated or 1 tablespoon of Splenda Stevia No Calorie Sweetener, Jar or 2 of Splenda Stevia No Calorie Sweetener, Packets.
Nutrition Facts: Calories 251, Fat 13g (Saturated 7g, Trans 0.2g), Cholesterol 40mg, Sodium 10mg, Carbs 30g (Fiber 3g, Sugars 8g), Protein 3g