Easy bread without kneading – WATERPROOF and only 4 ingredients! So hearty and rustic with the most amazing crust – a soft, soft, and fluffy interior. Seriously, WHAT’S GOOD.
A FEW NOTES ON THE RECIPE
If you can’t find instant yeast, I’ve replaced active dry yeast with a nocturnal lift with nice results.
A Dutch oven is a key to this recipe to get that amazing crispy look. If you don’t have Dutch, I recommend you try this recipe instead.
You don’t necessarily need a lame loaf to make slits in your dough. I used cutting sheets and I also forgot to make slits before cooking – that’s fine.
You can substitute one cup of all-purpose flour for whole wheat flour, keeping the rest of the recipe unchanged.
EASY NO KNEAD BREAD
yield: 8 servings Prep time: 8 HOURS 30 minutes cook time: 45 minutes total time: 9 HOURS 15 MINUTES
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon instant yeast
- 1 1/2 cups warm water (100-110 degrees F)
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, and yeast. Create a well in the center; add water.
- Using a wooden spoon or your hand, stir until a wet, sticky dough forms, about 1-2 minutes.
- Cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap and let stand at a warm place until doubled in size and surface is dotted with bubbles, about 6-8 hours.
- Working on a lightly floured sheet of parchment paper, fold the dough over itself 3-4 times, turning after each fold; gently shape dough into a round.
- Cover with a clean dishtowel and let stand at room temperature until dough has doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Places a 4-qt Dutch oven, covered, in the oven for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove Dutch oven from the oven; working carefully, place the dough into the Dutch oven using the parchment paper as a sling.
- OPTIONAL: Using a sharp knife or bread lame, make a few shallow cuts on the top.
- Cover and place in the oven; remove the lid after 30 minutes. Continue baking until golden brown and completely cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 210 degrees F, about 15 minutes more. Let cool 30 minutes on a wire rack
- Serve warm.