Two-bite cherries and semi-sweet chocolate candies inspired by the Australian bite of the Costco sandwiches that are very easy to make!
I often find myself pushing a packet of Aussie Bites when I’m at Costco, but it is simple to form your own with this Aussie Bites mimic recipe! the opposite day I used to be trying a replacement flavor combination, with dried cherries and tiny chocolate chips, that was so good I had to share it! Cherries and chocolate may be a magical flavor combo and it works perfectly in these tasty treats that are made almost effortlessly! The recipe is practically identical because the original, replacing the dried apricots and raisins with dried cherries and mini chocolate chips. This recipe is basically as simple as tapping the ingredients some times during a kitchen appliance before mixing and frying them in an exceedingly mini muffin pan – have a celebration at the weekend to own them readily available during the week for your snacking fun!
Dark Chocolate and Cherry Aussie Bites
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 20 minutes Servings: 24
Two-bite cherry and dark chocolate chip treats inspired by the Aussie bite Costco snacks that are so easy to make!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/4 cup mini dark chocolate chips
- Pulse the rolled oats in a food processor until fine, almost flour-like.
- Add the cherries and pulse until they are small pieces.
- Add the rolled oats, sunflower seeds, coconut, quinoa, flax seeds, hemp hearts, chia seeds, salt, and baking powder and pulse a few times to combine well.
- Mix in the butter, coconut oil, honey and vanilla, and 1/4 cup mini dark chocolate chips place in mini muffin pans and bake in a 350F/180C oven until they JUST start to turn a light golden brown on the edges, about 8-10 minutes, before removing them from the oven to cool completely in the pans before removing and enjoying!
Note: Store in a sealed container at room temperature for up to a week.
Option: Replace the honey with maple syrup.
Option: Replace the honey with a liquid sweetener of choice for vegan.
Option: Replace the coconut oil with vegetable oil.
Nutrition Facts: Calories 128, Fat 8g (Saturated 4g, Trans 0), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 33mg, Carbs 12g (Fiber 2g, Sugars 4g), Protein 2g