Crispy roasted cauliflower in a parmesan crust! Delicious!
With the upcoming vacations I like to have good accompaniments for special meals, and this crispy fried cauliflower with parmesan cheese is definitely on my list. This page is so easy to prepare! Simply spread some Parmesan cheese on the bottom of an oven dish, press the cauliflower florets into the Parmesan, and roast until the cauliflower is tender and crisp and the Parmesan is melted and golden brown. When the cheese has cooled down a bit, it will be nice and crispy, like the cheese that comes out of the sides of your grilled cheese sandwich and all kinds of cheese will be nice and crispy and good! Delicious! You can grill a few different vegetables like this, and cauliflower is my favorite, and it’s a great option for those who are underweight. If you’re looking for a recipe for a side dish for the holidays, you can’t go wrong with this delicious crispy fried cauliflower with Parmesan.
Crispy Parmesan Roast Cauliflower
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Total Time: 20 minutes Servings: 4
Crispy roasted cauliflower crusted in parmesan cheese! Yum!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into bite sized pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- Brush the oil on the bottom of a baking dish and sprinkle on the parmesan.
- Toss the cauliflower in the oil, salt and pepper and press into the parmesan with the cut side down.
- Roast in a preheated 400F/200C oven until the parmesan is nice and golden brown and the cauliflower is just tender, but still crispy, about 15-20 minutes, before removing from the oven to let cool for 5 minutes.
Option: Season the cauliflower with your favorite spices or blend instead of just salt and pepper, like cajun seasoning or taco seasoning, or Italian seasoning.
Nutrition Facts: Calories 189, Fat 14g (Saturated 5g, Trans 0), Cholesterol 19mg, Sodium 408mg, Carbs 4g (Fiber 1g, Sugars 1g), Protein 11g