Cajun shrimp in a very creamy tomato and sauce, quick and straightforward to prepare!
Shrimps are one of my favorite foods and that I always wear handsome quick and straightforward recipes that highlight them. With Mardi Gras here, I released a recipe for Cajun shrimp pasta with a creamy spaghetti sauce. This recipe starts with Cajun-seasoned shrimp, which are cooked in butter and oil until they’re slightly “blackened” and deliciously good! Then the sauce starts with onions, red peppers, many garlic, broth, Cajun seasoning, tomatoes, and cream before being topped with Parmesan and Worcestershire. This Cajun shrimp in a very creamy tomato and aioli sauce is ideal to accompany pasta, gnocchi, mashed potatoes, etc. and it is the perfect thanks to enjoying some shrimp while celebrating Mardi Gras!
Creamy Cajun Tomato and Garlic Shrimp Pasta
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes Servings: 4
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (or dry white wine)
- 8 ounces pasta (such as linguine)
- 1 (14.5 ounces) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup heavy/whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano Reggiano (parmesan cheese), grated
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Start bringing a large pot of water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil and melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the shrimp, seasoned with the cajun seasoning, and cook until cooked, about 1-2 minutes per side, before setting aside.
- Add the onion to the pan and cook until just tender, about 5-7 minutes before adding the red pepper and cooking for another 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the broth and scrape up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon as the broth sizzles.
- Add the pasta to the now boiling water and cook until al-dente tender, about 7-9 minutes (as per the packages directions), and drain.
- Meanwhile, add the tomatoes, cream, cajun seasoning, and Worcestershire sauce to the sauce, bring to a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Add the cheese and cook until the cheese melted into the sauce.
- Drain the pasta, toss with the sauce and the shrimp and enjoy garnished with the parsley!
Option: Add 1 tablespoon lemon juice to the sauce at the end.
Nutrition Facts: Calories 650, Fat 35g (Saturated 17g, Trans 0), Cholesterol 246mg, Sodium 847mg, Carbs 56g (Fiber 4g, Sugars 8g), Protein 29g