Quick and straightforward shrimp wrapped during a crispy golden brown coconut, served with sweet condiment for dipping.
After finding out my most delicious shrimp recipes, I noticed that I had not shared one in each of my favorite recipes, coconut shrimp! Coconut Shrimp are large shrimp served during a crispy mixture of breadcrumbs and coconut, and easily ask to be dipped in an exceedingly sweet condiment, or better yet, during a pineapple-sweet condiment. Sometimes I prefer to feature barely of lemon rind to Panko’s breadcrumb mix to allow it a citrus note, and you’ll be able to always season the condiment with something like an apricot jam if the pineapple-chili sauce doesn’t take your breath away. This coconut-lime shrimp is the perfect meal for your next dinner. it is also great for game night, and to be completely honest, I favor to form a giant portion and just eat it as a meal!
Coconut Shrimp with Sweet Chili Sauce
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 20 minutes Servings: 4
Quick and easy shrimp coated in a crispy golden brown coconut, served with sweet chili sauce for dipping.
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup flour (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- oil for frying
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper, dredge them in flour, dip them in egg and coat them with a mixture of the breadcrumbs and shredded coconut.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium-high heat and cook the shrimp until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes, before setting aside on paper towels to drain.
Option: Add 2 teaspoons lime zest to the breadcrumb mixture.
Option: Serve with sweet chili sauce (optionally with apricot preserves mixed in) or pineapple sweet chili sauce.
Nutrition Facts: Calories 396, Fat 21.2g (Saturated 6g, Trans 0), Cholesterol 321mg, Sodium 326mg, Carbs 18.9g (Fiber 1.4g, Sugars 1.1g), Protein 31g