Chicken wings with coriander and lime – Perfectly crisp, charred, and smoked with the easiest marinade. Coriander, lime, cumin, chili powder. So simple and yet so good!
CHICKEN WINGS WITH CORIANDER AND LIME!
It’s a riff from my favorite recipe here, which I do regularly every week. Except I like it even more in the shape of wings. They become so perfectly crispy and steamy on the grill, and they cook VERY QUICK!
Don’t forget to serve them with lots of cold beers and extra lime wedges for an even better wing-shaped experience.
CILANTRO LIME CHICKEN WINGS
yield: 6-8 SERVINGS Prep time: 2 HOURS 15 MINUTES Cook time: 15MINUTES total time: 2 HOURS 30 MINUTES
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves, divided
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice, divided
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 pounds chicken wings or drumettes
- In a medium bowl, combine 1/4 cup cilantro, 2 tablespoons lime juice, 2 tablespoons olive oil, lime zest, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- In a gallon size Ziploc bag or large bowl, combine chicken and cilantro mixture; marinate for at least 2 hours to overnight, turning the bag occasionally. Drain the chicken from the marinade.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Brush chicken with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add chicken to grill, and cook, turning occasionally, until chicken is completely cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, about 12 minutes. Let rest 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, remaining 1/4 cup cilantro, and remaining 2 tablespoons lime juice.
- Serve immediately.