Grilled chicken skewers quickly and simply, marinated in a very tasty satay marinade! Perfect with a peanut sauce for dips!
With all the grills I made this summer, I could not resist the urge to update the photos of 1 of my favorite dishes, chicken saté! Chicken saté (aka chicken saté) is an Indonesian or Southeast Asian dish where chicken is seasoned, skewered, grilled, and served with a sauce, often made with peanuts. I prefer to marinate the chicken in a very combination of coriander, cumin, turmeric, lemongrass, garlic, galangal, lime, chilies, fish sauce, and palm sugar, turmeric giving it this beautiful yellow color. Besides the actual fact that it is simple and quick to arrange, to not mention its taste, another excuse why saté chicken is one among my favorites is that it’s served with a peanut sauce for soaking, and peanut sauce must be one among the foremost amazing foods ever! This chicken saté is ideal for snacking, directly on the stick, or as a part of a meal!
Prep Time: 10 minutes Marinate time: 2 hours Cook Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 20 minutes Servings: 4
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 stalks lemongrass, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced/grated
- 1 tablespoon galangal (or ginger), grated
- 1 lime, zest juice
- 1 bird’s eye chili, minced
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons palm sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 pound chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
wooden skewers (soaked in cold water for 30 minutes)
- Mix the coriander, cumin, turmeric, lemongrass, garlic, galangal, lime zest, lime juice, chili, fish sauce, sugar, and oil, and marinate the chicken in it for 30 minutes to overnight.
- Skewer the chicken and grill it over medium-high heat, about 2-4 minutes per side.
Option: Use coriander and cumin seeds, lightly toasting them and grinding them for more flavour/aroma!
Option: Use a food processor to mix the marinade!
Option: Serve with peanut dipping sauce!
Nutrition Facts: Calories 228, Fat 20g (Saturated 5g, Trans 0), Cholesterol 85mg, Sodium 791mg, Carbs 13g (Fiber 1g, Sugars 6g), Protein 22g