A shiny, lemon-cheese cake with blueberry curls!
One of my absolute taste combos is lemon-blueberry! They are just divine together! Spring should be here and even though it hasn’t warmed up much yet, I’ve been dreaming about the sun and citrus things, including this lemon-cheese cake with blueberry curls; pure heaven on a fork! This cheesecake is very easy to make, it’s more or less a basic cheesecake with lemon added to the cheesecake, and a cranberry sauce is applied to the dough and turned around, creating beautiful blue ribbons, for baking. The hardest part of making a cheesecake is waiting for it to cool down after it comes out of the oven, but this is important because it keeps on baking while it cools down until it’s perfectly ready. If you are looking for a sweet delicacy, this lemon cheese with blueberries in a spiral shape is a good choice and can be kept in the fridge for a while, so make it at the weekend so you can enjoy it during the working week.
Blueberry Swirl Lemon Cheesecake
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 50 minutes Total Time: 1-hour Servings: 12
A bright and lemony cheesecake with blueberry swirls!
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/3 cups graham cracker crumbs (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 24 ounces (3 8oz packages) cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream (or heavy/whipping cream)
- 1 lemon (juice and zest)
- Heat the blueberries and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat until the sugar melts and the blueberries start to burst, about 5-7 minutes, add the mixture of the cornstarch and lemon juice and cook until it thickens, about a minute, before letting cool.
- Mix the crumbs and butter and press into the bottom of an 8-9 inch springform pan.
- Beat the cream cheese, beat in the eggs, one at a time followed by the sugar, sour cream, lemon juice, and zest.
- Pour the batter into a greased 8-9 inch springform pan, dollop spoonfuls of the blueberry sauce into the cheesecake mixture, take a knife and swirl around the cheesecake three times, wrap the bottom of the pan in foil, place in a larger pan with a small amount of hot water and bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until set, about 50 minutes, turn off the heat and let sit in the closed oven for 15 minutes before removing and letting cool at room temperature.
Option: Replace the graham cracker crumbs with vanilla wafer crumbs, gingersnap cookies crumbs, etc. Use gluten-free cracker or cookie crumbs for gluten-free.
Option: Replace the blueberry sauce with a strawberry sauce or a blackberry sauce, a kiwi sauce, etc.
Nutrition Facts: Calories 391, Fat 27g (Saturated 14g, Trans 0), Cholesterol 117mg, Sodium 270mg, Carbs 33g (Fiber 0.6g, Sugars 26g), Protein 5g