Grilled flank steak with blown tomatoes and fresh mozzarella!
Today I have a recipe for outdoor (or indoor) barbecue that I would like to share with you, a grilled flank steak marinated in balsamic! Balsamic vinegar is a pretty tasty vinegar that, combined with some simple ingredients like oil, Dijon mustard, honey, garlic, salt, and pepper, makes a very nice dressing or marinade. The steak is quite simple, just marinate it overnight in the balsamic marinade and then grill it quickly to cut it into slices. The balsamic vinegar also goes well with the Caprese salad, which consists of tomatoes, basil, fresh mozzarella along with the vinegar, and for this meal, I make a small variation of it by pouring bubbles over the tomatoes and serving the Caprese salad over the roasted balsamic steak. Delicious! This quick and easy balsamic grilled Caprese steak is one of my favorite dishes of the summer!
Balsamic Grilled Flank Steak Caprese
Prep Time: 10 minutes Marinate time: 12 hours Cook Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes Servings: 6
Balsamic grilled flank steak topped with blistered tomatoes and fresh mozzarella Caprese!
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 large clove garlic, minced/grated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds flank steak
- 2 cups cherry/grape tomatoes
- 1 cup buffalo/fresh mozzarella, diced
- 2 tablespoons basil, thinly sliced
- Mix everything well.
- Marinate the steak in half of the marinade in the fridge overnight.
- Shake off the excess marinade and grill over medium-high heat until cooked to the desired level of doneness, about 3-5 minutes per side, before setting aside to rest for 5 minutes.
- Grill the cherry tomatoes until lightly charred, about 3-5 minutes. (Or blister them in a heavy bottom skillet on a stove burner at medium-high heat.)
- Slice the steak thinly against the grain, top with the blistered tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, and remaining dressing, and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts: Calories 351, Fat 25g (Saturated 8g, Trans 0), Cholesterol 117mg, Sodium 330mg, Carbs 5g (Fiber 0.8g, Sugars 4g), Protein 36g