A hot cheese sauce with all the flavors of a double bacon cheeseburger that makes a great wild day snack.
The Super Bowl is fast approaching and that means it’s time to dust off some snack recipes! I am a big fan of processed cheese sauces and I have an idea for a new bacon double cheeseburger that has all the flavors of a bacon double cheeseburger. Meat is the most important part of a burger, so I started there and added some of the ingredients I usually add to burgers, including onions, garlic, and Worcestershire sauce. Then the bacon and then the cheese, and I incorporated cheddar for the flavor and mozzarella for the goodness of the melted meat. I decided to use the standard ingredients for the melted cheese sauce, including cream cheese, mayonnaise, and sour cream, as the basis for the sauce. A final tip was the addition of ketchup, as this is a fairly common flavoring used in hamburgers. All ingredients are mixed and fried until the cheeses melt and start to brown and bubble.
Bacon Double Cheese Burger Dip
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 50 minutes Total Time: 1-hour Servings: 4
A hot cheesy baked dip with all of the flavors of a bacon double cheeseburger that makes for some great game-day snacking!
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 6 strips bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoon ketchup
- Cook the ground beef in a pan over medium heat, set it aside, and drain the grease from the pan.
- Cook the bacon in the pan until crispy, about 6-10 minutes, set aside, and drain all but a tablespoon of the grease.
- Add the onion and saute until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about a minute.
- Mix the ground beef, bacon, onions and garlic, cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, mozzarella, cheddar, Worcestershire sauce, and ketchup and pour it into a baking dish.
- Bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until the top starts turning a light golden brown and then sides are bubbling about 20-30 minutes.
Slow Cooker: Implement steps 1 & 2, optionally implement steps 3 & 4, mix everything, place it in the slow cooker and cook until the cheese is nice and melted about 1-2 hours on high or 2-4 hours on low.